Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Life

I promised to share a bit of who I am so here goes....

First and foremost I am a Mom, the most important job that I do. I like the title Life Manager. I think this is an accurate title for everything that I do on a daily basis.

I am Mom to three boys, ages 10, 17 and 19. Yes I find it hard to believe I have a kid that is anywhere near 20 years old. I still think I'm in my late 20's on most days. Parenting teenagers presents an interesting challenge to me on a daily basis. That could be an entire blog story for another day. I am lucky enough to be able to say my kids are really great kids and they truly don't give me much to worry about.

I am married to a great guy. My only complaint is he works too hard. (I know...I really shouldn't complain about that.) My husband is a self employed electrician and I handle all aspects of the office for him (bookkeeping, bill paying, contracts, invoices, etc.). I also manage the household. I never thought job would require a title but it seems as my life has moved forward it is a huge job. I often think I should get a paying job but I honestly don't know how my family would function if I did. We would have no food, no wearable clothes and we would live in a pig sty OR I would be a stressed out mess trying to get it all done. I don't know how women who work full time are able to get it all done. I say that with the utmost respect and envy. I have no debate on working vs. stay at home moms. We all have to do what works best for us and we should therefore respect the other persons choice. Simple.

Finally, I love to create. I am not able to hold myself to just one form of art. I love to explore new mediums. So therefore I dabble in many areas of art, such as drawing, painting, quilting, wool felting, knitting, photography and so on. However, my love and source of never ending possibilities is working glass in a flame, a process known as lampworking. This is also my business. I create one of kind lampwork beads and jewelry. Many of my creations can be found at local craft shows and on the internet.

There is my life in a nutshell. So now I am off to create!
Thanks for stopping by.
Ema

Find me on Etsy


1 comment:

  1. I read a lot of crafters' blogs and delighted to read one by someone I actually know in 3D! Keep going Ema, these are terrific (ditto 4 beads...)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate your thoughts and comments, so please feel free to share. I encourage kindness in all words.
Ema

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Kleenex Softness Worth SharingKleenex Soft Tissues