Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!

2010 is here. Quite unbelievable to me. Do you remember the day when any year which started with 2000 sounded so far off and completely futuristic?

My grandfather, Papa, was born in 1901 and lived to be over 100 years old. My family and I often discuss how amazing his life was. The inventions that he witnessed and lived through are truly mind boggling. He went from an era of horse and buggies to automobiles, electricity and plumbing in the home, televison, old fashioned film to digital, hand-held video cameras, airplanes and the list goes on and on.

I thought about this on New Years Eve and began to realize that there have been many changes in my lifetime as well. The scale is not quite as noticeable but yet still amazing when you look at the changes that have been made. When I was a kid we had a rotary dial phone in the house, now we all have phones in our pockets, the internet in our pockets too, daily use of computers and the internet...that did not exist when I was in high school. The components necessary to have a computer filled an entire room, now we carry our computers with us, even in our pockets. Automobiles that do everything for us. You can open a car door remotely, turn the car on remotely. The cars can park and stop themselves if need be. Are we approaching a Jetson age? The cars will be flying us around in no time. Medical advancements have been astounding. This list can go on an on too.

I think many of the advances in my lifetime are technology based. So this year I hope to get better at using that technology. It is my intention to develop my blog and get better at managing my website. My first step in blogging is going to be my participation in the world wide blog event...One World, One Heart. Check out the blog by A Whimsical Bohemian for more information. http://awhimsicalbohemian.typepad.com/a_whimsical_bohemian/one-world-one-heart.html



Thanks for sharing the new year with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate your thoughts and comments, so please feel free to share. I encourage kindness in all words.
Ema

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Kleenex Softness Worth SharingKleenex Soft Tissues