Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fabric Folies

I can't put my finger on the reason why but as the season changes to Fall I find myself inspired to work with fabric. Perhaps this harkens back to my quilting days. I do have quite a stash of fabric still hanging around from those days. It comes in handy when the inspiration to make something of fabric strikes.

I came across a DIY tutorial, somewhere on the web, for a cup cozy. You have seen them. Almost any time you purchase a hot cup of java, tea or hot cocoa when you are out and about, you can get a sleeve to go over your cup to protect yourself from the heat of the cup. I was inspired by the tutorial to make some of these. I would share the link with you if I could find it again. I searched and searched yet I never did find that tutorial. I finally had to design a tutorial for myself.

It really wasn't that hard. I used a sleeve, from a cup of tea that I had purchased, as a rough pattern. Cut out two pieces of fabric, batting and interfacing. Sewed them together and whooola....Ema K's cup cozies were born....

I currently have these in a local gallery space but I will be making more to add to my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate your thoughts and comments, so please feel free to share. I encourage kindness in all words.
Ema

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Kleenex Softness Worth SharingKleenex Soft Tissues