Friday, December 10, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Martini

I had some Facebook friends interested in this recipe so I thought I would share it here. I think it is perfect for sipping at some of those upcoming holiday celebrations.

The original version of this recipe came from a recipe by Sandra Lee on the Food Network. Her recipe made a pitcher full, so I modified my version to create a couple of glasses. Sandra Lee's recipe calls for cranberry-flavored seltzer and I could not find that in my stores. So again I modified the recipe to include cranberry juice and seltzer water.

This recipe makes enough for 2 martini glasses.

2 ounces orange vodka
1/2 ounce cranberry juice
1 1/2 - 2 tsp simple syrup (see recipe below)

Put ice in the cocktail shaker. Add above ingredients and shake it up. Fill martini glass 1/2 - 2/3 full.

Top off glass with seltzer water.

Pumpkin Pie simple Syrup
1 c sugar
1/2 c warm water
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice*

*make your own pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp cloves

In a small pot heat all ingredients over medium heat. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and allow to cool.
Syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.

Enjoy and drink responsibly.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate your thoughts and comments, so please feel free to share. I encourage kindness in all words.
Ema

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Kleenex Softness Worth SharingKleenex Soft Tissues